When it comes to making money online, affiliate marketing is a skill-based approach, that could be learned by anyone. It is one of those segments of online world, that doesn’t require any degree or formal education. Affiliate marketing is one of the oldest forms of digital marketing wherein you refer someone to any online product and when that person buys the product based on your recommendation, you receive a commission.
Every big companies like Amazon, Apple, Google have affiliate program, which is free to join by any individul across the globe. If you didnot knew about this, then pay close attention to rest of this guide, my friend, you are about to discover one of the most interesting aspect of making money from home.
This commission varies depending on what product you are promoting. Here is how affiliate marketing works in 4 simple steps:
- You join an affiliate program
- You pick a product to promote (You will get a unique affiliate link)
- You share the link via Social media, Blog, YouTube videos, Facebook ads or any other form
- When someone makes a purchase, you earn a good affiliate commission.
Any company that sells products online, offers an affiliate program, which is free to join. It is as simple as creating an online profile.
You can simply sign up for the program and get your unique tracking link. Now, whenever you are writing about their product, you can simply use this special tracking affiliate link to recommend the company’s site. If your readers/traffic buys anything by clicking your affiliate link, you will get a commission.
Joining is super easy. Thanks to advancement in digital marketing, and services like PayPal, this all is automated.To become successful in affiliate marketing, you need to train regularly. Think of this as learning to play cricket, and the only way you get better by going every day on the ground.
How to Start Affiliate marketing for beginners:
You can get started with Affiliate marketing in many ways.
Here are a few that you can pick from:
- Start a blog in a targeted niche and use it to promote a product. This is by far the chepest and easiest way to start an affiliate marketing business. For example: Start a blog about Women shoes, Work from home products, and so on.
- Buy traffic from PPC sites like Google, Facebook, Quora and drive traffic to affiliate products or services. This is called PPC marketing, and those who have taken a basic course of digital marketing, could understand it better. For rest, give it a little time and you will understand this.
- Create a YouTube channel and promote products.
- Create an email list by creating a mini-website.
- Start a Podcast and recommend products.